Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I learn to enjoy rabbit food?

You know lettuce, green and other unfun stuff. How can I make it actually tasty and enjoyable to eat, not to mention buy it in bulk, cheap and be able to store it for long periods of time?How can I learn to enjoy rabbit food?
I have to admit that if I don't eat a 'kitchen sink' salad at least once every other day, I'm a mess. It took a long time since knowing I had to stop eating fried foods and eat more salad (ie: side salad with my burger instead of fries) to actually love it. Now, I feel so crappy when I eat fried foods and don't get salad I regret it.


I guess what I'm saying is pay attention to your body and how it reacts when you eat a healthy meal instead of an unhealthy one. You can find a lot of motivation once you start to really listen to your energy, cravings, sleep, mood, and guts.


We buy organic salad green and spinach from the grocery store in the normal clam shells. When in the fridge these help the greens from getting squashed and going bad earlier than they should.


Also...we make a lot of salad but don't dress it till it is on a dish to eat. Dressing a salad will wilt it in no time.


Experiment with 'kitchen sink' salads, in other words, add everything and anything. Think about textures and color as these elements are what have been proven to have people consider a meal satisfying or not. So try crunchy, soft, add baked chicken chunks, seeds, dried fruit like cranberries, season fruit in the market. Don't forget some punch like scallions, red onion, or radishes. You can make a themed salad like feta cheese, olives, sun dried tomatoes and red onion for a greek salad, or Mexican with corn, black beans, onion, tomatoes, crushed up tortilla chips, etc.


A salad can be a balanced meal in itself so don't forget protein, dairy, nuts, etc.How can I learn to enjoy rabbit food?
Wow, when I first looked at your question I was thinking, ';what physco wants to learn how to accomodate bunny food?';, (I was thinking pellets and stuff). I was relieved to see your description.





What you have to do is take baby steps. Eat a little bit of lettuce and make it more exciting. Add dressings, croutons, spices. You can go to your local food market and find dozens of great dressing flavors. Try adding lots of carrots and beans or corn to add some healthy flavor. Drinking water or relaxing while eating your salad or veggies can get you accustomed to the flavor too.





If your worried about keeping it fresh, you can always go out and get those ';Debbie Meyers Green Bags'; that keep food fresh more than three times its original endurance.





Good luck and good eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment