Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I bond with my Rabbit ?

I have a 2 year old lion headed dwarf lop bunny, hes a house rabbit . He was always my pal before he got neuterd about six months ago. Now he connects with my girlfriend but seems kind of distant to me. He sprints and hides when I enter the room and if I try to pet him he digs at me, nudges me away or sometimes nips me. Apart from the obvious reason why he may be pissed at me I dont know why hes not my pal anymore .How can I bond with my Rabbit ?
one word: Treats.


bunnies are simple minded critters. you can always get them to be happy to see you if they associate you with a special treat. i kept outdoor rabbits as a child and they didn't care much for people. they would rather hang out in the back of their large hutches cuddled up in their bedding than bother with us kids.... that is until spring came and i was holding the first of the red ripe strawberries!





while you can never withhold the foods an animal needs for good nutrition, you can keep a extra special treat that he only gets from you. for me and my bunnies it was strawberries, yogurt drops, and other sweet things they didn't get in their regular diet. he'll catch on pretty quick that he only gets those things from you and soon, instead of avoiding you and pushing you away, he'll be seeking you out and digging through your pockets!





good luck!How can I bond with my Rabbit ?
docktape
well get another rabbit and make him jelous,he'll soon be running back to you.
try getting a new set of bells, at this time of year i suggest jingle bells
he may be in heat..........
I've heard rabbits prefer the gentler voiced girls to men.. and I'm making no reference to rampant..
superglue
My Girlfriend had rampant rabbit. She bonded very well with that.
Go to an adult web site to find out about bondage clubs
Show him the Casserole dish.
you cut of his 'nuts' and you wonder why!!!!!!!
He is just pissed off, like you said.He has taken to your girlfriend because she did not get him hurt.Don't force yourself on him. Talk gently to him. Tell him you are sorry but had to do it. Give him treats.He may eventually even take them from you again but let him see you leave them in his cage. Only apoligize once. Eventually, he will forgive you and become friends again.Have your girlfriend kinda stay away from him so he knows he doesn't really have anyone else.She can still see him and speak to him but he needs his time for you if he wants to be held and loved on.
How would you feel about someone who was instrumental in removing your testicles ?. Give him time, he might forgive you.
eat him


there is no bond closer than that of consumption of the flesh of another
i dont know
SUPERGLUE....
Tell him to hop it!
OK, wow I have a really dirty mind because I thought you were talking about the other ';rabbit'; that is popular with the ladies....


Anyway, just keep playing with him, it may just be a weird phase.
hes probably pissed at you however maybe your holding him too much bcause when i hold my rabbit he scratches me alot, or maybe hes just trying to play around with you .
Just start by giving him a treat everyday. And soon he'll know your gonna give him a treat so he'll come up to you for the treat and slowly start petting him while you give him the treats. Every day just get closer to him and pet him more. Talk to him nice and softly too to him. And eventually he will love ya! I've never had this problem with my bunny. My bunny loves me to death. He lets me hold him like a baby and he falls asleep in my arms its so cute. Hes a lop eared bunny too. Good luck and hope I helped somewhat.
he probably is annoyed and recognizes ure smell, hold him gently and show him u dont want to hurt him
I agree with jordon r on this ,but one thing I do ,I have an outdoor lop I ware the same shoes outside all the time and he seem to smell the scent ,he runs around me and follows me round the garden but he only lets me stroke him when he wants to on his terms as I say when he wants to play he circles me until I play his game
industrial super glue
when you go to the rabbit try to act like your in a very good mood and feed him take care and try and bond hope it helps i know that this is nt good advice

No comments:

Post a Comment