Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I get this rabbit to get some exercise?

I've been taking care of this rabbit for a few weeks now. He's about two years old. He looks pretty bored sitting there in his cage, so I try to take him out as often as I can so he can get some exercise. The problem is, he doesn't move! He doesn't even hop around- he crawls (it's actually kind of funny when he does this, though!). I think that he should get more active, but I don't know how! Any advice?How do I get this rabbit to get some exercise?
Rabbits love re arranging straw and this might get him moving a bit. if he's over weight try putting him on a bit of a diet or feed him more carrots and cabbage. this will also give him more energy and variety. my rabbit likes playing with footballs in the garden, see if he;s interested in that or hide tasty treats not far at first and when he gets moving hide them all round the garden. get him out daily and as much as possible. hope i helped.How do I get this rabbit to get some exercise?
i would also try to purchase a gateing system ( they have them for kids/pets at department stores) or just place him on the floor he will eventually go somewheres...if they get lack of excersize its possible to do damage to their muscles...try to entice him to move around with a peice of fruit he likes or a ball that makes noise..i also have done carboard box' with holes cut in each side big enough for the rabbit to go in to mine love it..
Do you have any toys in the cage? If not, I suggest you get some! :D Rabbits love to throw stuff around, so get some light bird toys (with bells in them, the more noise the better!!) and watch him have loads of fun! Also, if you take the bunny outside (on a lead/in a run), they will get much happier, rabbits love nothing more than having a good play on the grass!!





:D
you can get a bigger cage or a cage that has 2 stories in it so he can go up and down in it.
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment