Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it ok to let my rabbit outside without having his injections?

I have a 3 month old rabbit that i have just taken in from a friend. I was told that he hasnt had his injections yet so i have booked him in to the vets for next week, but i was wondering if it was ok for me to let him outside, we have a pathed garden and there aren't really any fields around and thought it would be nice for him to have a proper stretch of his legs, although i thought it would be best to check first! Could he pick anything up from the garden?! could anyone help?


Thanks Toni.Is it ok to let my rabbit outside without having his injections?
Most rabbits do not recieve shots. In most areas, vaccinations are not nessicary.





I have a LOT of rabbits and I let them run around on a leash at my home and I've even taken a couple to the best store to help me pick out grooming supplies. There are very few things a rabbit can catch without contact from another rabbit.





It should be safe to let him run around as long as you keep an eye out to keep him away from predators and so he doesn't eat anything poisonous. :DIs it ok to let my rabbit outside without having his injections?
It may or may not be stopped. Neutering has one main reason--it removes the testes and the rabbit is no longer to create sperm. However, as a side effect, the rabbit also cannot produce testostrone in the large quanities as it did before. Without testostone, your rabbits behavior may mellow.

Report Abuse



more important is the spaying/neuturing. be sure the habitat has plenty of protection from weather %26amp; predators. avoid picking up the rabbit unless absolutely necessary as they have fragile spines that fracture easily.
  • eye look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment