Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can i train my rabbit to 'do it' in the litter tray ?

i read in a website that i have to provide a litter tray for my rabbit to 'let go' in it... but i it seems to do it everywhere in its big cage/house..





how can i train it to only do it in there .. has anyone tried that before??How can i train my rabbit to 'do it' in the litter tray ?
when he does it in another spot take ';it'; and put ';it'; in the litter tray, then after a while he/she will do ';it'; in the litter tray =]








Good Luck Maxy%26lt;33How can i train my rabbit to 'do it' in the litter tray ?
i have it doesnt work :) he even pissed at the TV.





but my rabbit usually does it at the corner of his cage.
My bunny has a litter pan in her cage and another in my kitchen. She gets free run of the kitchen/ dining area. Just leave the pan out in one place and he/she should eventually find it and start using it. Bunny's will mark their territory by leaving droppings all over. That behavior should eventually stop. They also rub their chin and lick things to mark their territory but that's harmless and not as messy as cleaning up droppings. Good luck and be patient.
My rabbit would mostly go in his litterbox but he would ALWAYS go outside the litterbox too. About 90% would be in the litter pan and the rest everywhere else in his cage.
I've personally never done this, but have heard about it. Yes, it definately can be done. I guess you train just like you would a cat. The younger they are, of course the better. Good luck.
use newspaper shred instead of litter. You can also train him to go outside! My aunt's rabbit does that, like a dog! I'm not sure how she did that though. Good luck.
I tried it with my bunny too. It didn't work so I burried HIM out back. :)
Sorry, but rabbits are famous for having sex wherever they please.
First you have to watch and see where your rabbit ';does it'; the most. Then you scoop up a little of its droppings and put it in the litter tray.


Then you put the tray in the spot where you found the most droppings.
put the tray where he goes most

No comments:

Post a Comment