Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vinegar and water solution for cleaning rabbit cage?

I've heard that vinegar and water mixed is a great way to clean cages and get rid of amonia smell. However, I have also heard that you shouldn't use too much vinegar or the rabbit won't go to the bathroom there because they don't like the smell. My question is how much if the solution should be water and how much vinegar? And do you have any other suggestions for effective cage cleaning tricks?Vinegar and water solution for cleaning rabbit cage?
I use white vinegar and water to clean my sugar glider cage. It's 2 parts water to 1 part white vinegar, and it works very well. The smell isn't too strong and disappears when the cage is dry. There's also a spray made by Kaytee that you can buy for cage cleaning, although it's more expensive than good old water/vinegar. You can find it at Walmart.





I've never heard of a litter trained rabbit refusing to use the litter box because they didn't like the smell of the cage cleaner, but maybe a rabbit expert can chime in here.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment