Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnant?

I know there's alot of questions about this stuff but, I have a new zealand doe and bred her with a new zealand buck on July 19th but she does not seem the least bit bigger, I'm feeding and watering her everyday too...and the other NZ doe we bred is a tad rounder/bigger(we bred her the same day too, only with a rex)How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnant?
You might not be able to feel them, they like to hide them so you can't feel them. And if she doesn't get to fat it could be because shes only having 2 or 3. Even if you don't think shes pregnant still give her a nest box to make sure, they should get nest boxes on the 28th day and should have babies on the 32nd incase u didn't know. Well good luck w/ ur babies!!How can I tell if my rabbit is pregnant?
if your rabbit has a change in her eating habit she might be pregnant. Or just ask a vet. Its free!
roll your fingers around the ';baby bunny region'; and feel for little balls... there will be quite a few if she is
I dont know the answer to this but if she is congrats your going to be a parent get lots of photos and good luck. I love rabbits we had them when I was a boy, they are such sweet animals ok i got this from someone else.





Firstly the mother will start making a nest. She will pull quite alot of fur out and stay in there basically. She will become protective of her tummy as theyre her babys not yours lol. And if you pick her up and feel around the lower tummy if you feel tiny bumps the shape of grapes she is definitely pregnant
Rabbits seldom show obvious signs of pregnancy unless it is a very large litter. The only way to know for sure is by palpation. Please have your vet or knowledgeable breeder check for you at between ten and fourteen days after breeding to avoid fetal injury. Rabbits don't ';bag-up'; obviously heavy with milk like a dog or cat and many will not ';let-down'; milk until after they kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment