Saturday, August 21, 2010

Will my kittens and bunny rabbit get along?

I have 2 kittens (male and female) who are around 2-3 months old and they are both very gentle and placid.





I am getting a bunny that is about 6 weeks old, is there anyway I could make them get along well?





Also is there anyway I could have my rabbit just wander the back yard while im out there with him without fear he may run away? I live on a rural property.Will my kittens and bunny rabbit get along?
They are young enough it should be okay, still use crates and cages until they get use to each other. as for letting the bunny wander, get a bunny harness with a long leash, train it and the leash, long enough so you wander and the bunny can wander but still safe enough to not run.





If your back yard enclosed? If not, then yea, get a leash, other animals might attack and it is always good to know where exactly your pet is so you can swoop down and save it before anything happen- but do not let that worry you! pets should see the outside and get fresh air too.Will my kittens and bunny rabbit get along?
To question 1 Since they are young you can teach them not to hurt the rabbit but never leave them alone with the rabbit. Rabbits are natural prey for cats. For the second question. Never leave it run loose. You can make a large pen for it run in but it's natural instinct is going to be to run and hide by digging a hole.
I'm sure they will get along fine.
I have a cat that the only thing she will play with is my rabbit...The rabbit loves her, they sleep together...Now i would love to get another kitten but my cat will not allow this.


You could get one og those portable pens and put the rabbit out during the day, make sure there is something on top so the hawks wont get it...I have an 18 foot round one, but i have to watch them so they dont dig their way out...
Kittens tend to play rough and although they may get along temperaraly, never leave them alone. Im not worried about the kitties hurting the bunnies so much as the kittens gettting to wild and the bunny will grow impatiant ad bite them. Your bunny is young but any bunny has sharp teeth and a powerful bite, kittens could get really hurt. Plus if the kitties break the rabits skin (scratching or biting) bunny can get infected and that is NOT good.
give the 2 kittens carrot costumes. .. .





hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment