Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I keep my house rabbit chewing through all sorts of wires?

in my house?How can I keep my house rabbit chewing through all sorts of wires?
You need to ';bunny proof'; the areas your rabbit has access to. block off what you can with furniture, then buy clear, flexible tubing, cut a slit down the length and wrap around any exposed wires. They sell tubing specifically for this at the pet store that supposedly also tastes bad as well.





Good luck! =)How can I keep my house rabbit chewing through all sorts of wires?
You need to Rabbit proof your house like you would with a toddler. Block off access to the areas which have wires and where you don't want him. My rabbit is currently indoors and I let him out for a run but only when I am there to watch him and can tell him to come away from certain areas or block them using say my washing basket so he can't get to anything.
try putting lemon juice or pepper on the wires to keep him from chewing.
eat him
I keep my rabbit confined to one room with wires out of her reach.
He should be caged most of the time and when he is unsupervised. But if you like to let him run around so he gets excersice, its a good idea to get a small animal play pen thing. If they dont sell them at your pet store you can make one out of fence wire.
You can get your electrician to chew-proof your wires. Hope it helps!
put duct tape all over the wires or just don't let him that room.
You could buy anti chew spray
Give him some live wires (230v) to chew and he will not do it again.
is he caged?


or does he run freely thru ur house?


just make a little room with foods and no wires or electricty.etc. it might teach him to stop
you could take its teeth out or kick it when it goes near the wires.


or maybe just put the wires out or reach
just watch him close tuck any wires up that u can and u can buy plastic coverving that will fit on top, its the rabbits nature , alot of the times they are just trying to push it cause its in thier way,i have had one chew and give herself a shock,, once we tucked the wires got the coverins it worked out good and if she tried i would stomp my foot on the floor cause to them it means danger, since they thump when they are scared
  • beauty
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment