Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I make my pet Rabbit happy?

She has been played with less because of how busy I am with school, and she has become completely territorial and she will attack and bite you if you reach in her cage. I feel so bad! When I hold her now I feel like she is uncomfortable and scared. How do I make her a happy bunny? Thanks!How do I make my pet Rabbit happy?
Spay her. In almost all cases it will eliminate territorial aggression like you are describing and will make her a much better pet. It will also double her potential average lifespan, from 4-5 years to 8-10 years. Then you can find a neutered male as a companion for her. Most rabbits will enjoy the company of another altered companion and it will give her a source of interaction when you aren't there. Information on bonding two rabbits as well as other behavioral advice, can be found here: http://www.rabbit.org/behavior/index.htm鈥?/a>How do I make my pet Rabbit happy?
You can maybe try getting her a bigger cage and some interactive toys and chew toys. Maybe even getting her a harness and taking her for walks in the yard. But female rabbits usually do become aggressive and territorial when they reach puberty, because they feel they need to compete for nesting places. You could also try getting her fixed, that may calm her down some. If you or someone you know is on medicaid, you can get her fixed for fairly cheap, just be sure to ask the vet clinic if they accept maddie's fund and if it's applicable to rabbits. I know it works for cats and dogs (they are $10 and $20 respectively)
Is she neutered? Her hormones might be acting up.





If she is neutered, is there any way you can do homework in the same room she's in? I know it's not necessarily the same as playing with her, but she might just crave company.





Another thing is, try not to reach into her cage unless you have made it abundantly clear that you are coming. Talk to her, open the cage. Pet her head with one hand, and do whatever you have to do with the other.





As for holding her, some rabbits just don't like to be held. There's often no way to convince a rabbit that it's fun to be held, so you might want to stop trying.





Does she get time out of her cage? Rabbits need exercise to stay happy and healthy.





Good luck to you!
bunnies are mostly happy with a hutch kept outside the house which gives them ample space hop and jump around.do keep your rabbit in a big enough cage which is dark and cozy .Also apply anti-termite coating on the cage.u can have more info about cages on the site listed below
I would make sure she always has lots of food and water.


Give her treats (I recomend Lettuce,baby carrots,and apple slices.)


Try to pick her up.....if she feels comfortable with you again she will act nicer.


If you can pick her up scratch behind her ears.


Get them a warm bed like a baby blanket.








Those all work when I take care of other people's bunnys. =]
Have you got any rabbit, 1 or 2 or more


If you have one, please give it one more


Give them Soluble Vitamix and keep them warm and enough food for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment