Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it possible that my rabbit is pregnant?

I have a 6 month old male pure Lionhead rabbit. I have a 17 week old female dwarf lop rabbit. She is eating more and drinking more. She is not afraid of us anymore. I felt movement on her right side near her leg. If pregnant, she would have gotten pregnant at 13 weeks. Is this possible? Is there any other explanation for the movement? I felt for 30 minutes, and I felt several movements. If pregnant she could be 28 days today.Is it possible that my rabbit is pregnant?
Female rabbits can get pregnant at 4-5 months. You might have some little kits on your hand. Also with the movment it could just be the way you had hold of her. You might be over reacting, the best thing for you to do is wait 28-32 days and see what happens,Try not to handle her untill you are 100% definate on wether she is or not. Make sure she has plenty of water and hay.


dont worry and dont panick. All will be fine :)Is it possible that my rabbit is pregnant?
It certainly is possible. Be prepared that you may have to do an emergency spay/ c-section as your dwarf may not be able to deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment