Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What size cage will I need if I get for a holland lop rabbit?

They are usually 2.5-4 lbs if im correct, so what size cage do I need?





Would a 3x2 ft. cage be okay? Or do they need one bigger, because if they do, thats what i'll get.What size cage will I need if I get for a holland lop rabbit?
Mine is in a cage that is rectangular, about four feet long, by two feet high. A little smaller is okay, but it is integral that they have time out of their cage too in a bunny safe area. Or a play pen in a larger room to keep him in there.What size cage will I need if I get for a holland lop rabbit?
3x2 would be fine but 4x6 would be better, but also you will need to give him plenty of time out of his cage. my rabbits get at least one hour of free time a day. also if you feed him mostly pellets he will get fat and have a shortened lifespan, feed him plenty of fresh veggies.
Here are some really good examples of cages made specifically for rabbits





http://www.qualitycage.com/rabbit.html
The cage is going to be like an ';apartment'; if you will to the rabbit. Get something that is large enough for the rabbit to have a life in hon. Not just a size where the rabbit can ';fit';. You are in essence buying a new ';house'; for this rabbit so pick a size that will give them comfort for the rest of their life. Not just something they can lay around in but not walk around in. Or jump around in. You can use a large dog cage. I would get the largest size dog cage your money will afford you and give this rabbit a great large place to live. Rabbits run around. There are tons of them where I live who live in the wild. They run all over the lawn and so forth. So to put the rabbit in a cage won't be natural. Kind of like us going into a jail cell. We would want the largest jail cell we could get.

No comments:

Post a Comment