Friday, August 6, 2010

I am alergic to timothy hay. What esle can i give my rabbit to substitue?

I am severly alergic to timothy hay but my rabbit is supposed to eat it. What can i do?I am alergic to timothy hay. What esle can i give my rabbit to substitue?
i had wild bunnies for a few years, i fed them alfalfa, they seemed to enjoy it.


there is many grasses they can nibble on, clover is not a grass but they love it too, i can imagine they would love spinach too.


do not give bunnies iceberg lettuce, it has no nutrition.I am alergic to timothy hay. What esle can i give my rabbit to substitue?
Alfalfa hay is okay in moderation. Rabbits also like things like dandelions, lettuce, and if you can find it, regular grass that has overgrown. What ever you do, DO NOT feed your rabbit any cabbage.


Cabbage causes gas, and rabbits have no way of releasing the built up gas. This can cause serious stomach problems which would require a vet visit. Carrots, apples, celery, spinach, and sometimes oranges are a good treat to give your rabbit. Remember to only give these to them as treats. Too much of them will cause diarhea.


Can you get cubed food for your rabbits? This will also help to keep their teeth trim.
I used to feed mine alfalfa. They also really like plain ol' grass and dandelions!


One of mine even mowed down my moms rose bush!
Any grass hay will do ie. orchard grass, coastal, oat hay.





Do not give your rabbit alfalfa. It is only ok for young or lactating rabbits. It is too high in protein and too low in fiber for the average rabbit/

No comments:

Post a Comment